I'm sorry to hear about the difficult situation your elderly mother is facing. It's understandable that you're upset and concerned for her well-being. Here are a few suggestions on how to approach this situation:
1. Consult with an attorney: It would be beneficial to consult with a lawyer who specializes in real estate or elder law. They can provide you with legal advice specific to your situation and guide you through the process of addressing the living conditions and potential options for your mother.
2. Document the issues: Take detailed notes and photographs of the unsafe and unhealthy conditions in the home. This evidence can be useful in any legal proceedings or negotiations with your aunt and uncle.
3. Request an inspection: Consider requesting a professional inspection of the property to identify any code violations or health hazards. The inspection report can be used as evidence to support your concerns and potentially influence your aunt and uncle to take action.
4. Communicate with your family: While it's important to express your concerns, try to approach the conversation with your aunt and uncle in a calm and understanding manner. Explain your worries for your mother's safety and well-being and discuss potential solutions, such as repairs or finding alternative living arrangements.
5. Explore relocation options: If it becomes clear that the current home is no longer suitable for your mother, you can explore options for finding her alternative housing. This could include looking for assisted living facilities or senior housing communities that provide a safer and healthier living environment.
6. Consider legal action: If all attempts to resolve the situation amicably fail, you may need to consider taking legal action. Consult with your attorney to determine if a civil lawsuit seeking relocation fees or other remedies would be a viable option in your specific circumstances.
Remember, it's important to prioritize your mother's well-being and safety throughout this process. Seeking professional legal advice will help you understand your rights and options, and guide you towards the best course of action.