Legal Advice for Establishing Timesharing Rights in Florida


In this article, we will provide legal advice for individuals in Florida who are seeking to establish timesharing rights with their child while facing challenges such as denial of visitation and obtaining evidence for child care expenses. We understand that legal representation may not be affordable for everyone, so we will focus on practical steps and options available to navigate these issues.

Addressing Denial of Visitation:

1. Document Everything: Keep a record of all attempts to communicate with the child's mother regarding visitation, including dates, times, and the responses received. This documentation will be valuable evidence in court to demonstrate a pattern of denial.

2. Mediation or Parenting Coordinator: Consider requesting mediation or a parenting coordinator, which can be a more affordable alternative to hiring a lawyer. These professionals can help facilitate communication and reach agreements on timesharing.

3. Filing a Motion: If the child's mother continues to deny visitation despite your efforts, you may need to file a motion with the court to enforce your timesharing rights. This can be done without an attorney, but it is advisable to consult with a family law facilitator or self-help center at the courthouse for guidance on the specific procedures.

Proving Child Care Expenses:

1. Request for Production: Your husband can request the court to order his child's mother to produce documentation relating to child care expenses. This request, known as a "Request for Production of Documents," can be made as part of the ongoing court proceedings.

2. Subpoena: In some cases, it may be necessary to issue a subpoena to the daycare to obtain the relevant documents. Consult with the court clerk for assistance in obtaining and serving a subpoena.

Presenting Evidence in Court:

1. Screenshots and Communications: Your husband can present screenshots or other evidence of the child's mother's refusal to allow visitation during the court proceedings. These can demonstrate a consistent pattern of denial and support his case for timesharing.

2. Testimony of Family Members: If his family members have witnessed the mother's refusal to allow visitation, their testimony can be valuable in court. They can provide statements or, if necessary, testify as witnesses.


While legal representation may not be feasible for everyone, there are still practical steps and options available to establish timesharing rights in Florida. Documenting all communication attempts, considering mediation or a parenting coordinator, filing a motion to enforce timesharing, requesting production of child care expense documents, and presenting evidence in court through screenshots and witness testimony can all be helpful strategies. It is important to consult with a family law facilitator or self-help center for guidance on the specific procedures and requirements in your jurisdiction.

Post a Comment

welcome to legal advice supports