Introduction: Being involved in a car accident is a stressful experience, especially when your insurance company denies your claim. This is exactly what happened to the author of this post, who was doing Doordash when they hit some ice and slid into a brick mailbox, causing significant damage to their car. Despite having full coverage insurance, the insurance company denied the claim because the author did not have rideshare insurance. In this post, we will discuss what you can do if your insurance company denies your claim and you are seeking legal advice.
1. Review your insurance policy: It is important to review your insurance policy to understand what is covered and what is not. If you are unsure about your coverage, contact your insurance company and ask for clarification.
2. Seek legal advice: If your insurance company denies your claim, it may be worth seeking legal advice. A lawyer can review your policy and the circumstances of the accident to determine if you have a case.
3. Consider rideshare insurance: If you are a Doordash driver or any type of rideshare driver, it is important to have the appropriate insurance coverage. Rideshare insurance is designed to cover drivers when they are working for a rideshare company.
4. Negotiate with the insurance company: Even if your claim has been denied, it is still possible to negotiate with the insurance company. You can provide additional evidence or argue that they are liable for the damages.
5. Refinance the vehicle: If you are unable to resolve the issue with the insurance company, it may be necessary to refinance the vehicle. This can help you pay for the damages and get back on the road.
Conclusion: Being involved in a car accident as a Doordash driver can be a complicated situation, especially when your insurance company denies your claim. However, by reviewing your insurance policy, seeking legal advice, and negotiating with the insurance company, you may be able to get the compensation you deserve. Remember to always have the appropriate insurance coverage when working as a rideshare driver.