I need advice from someone who practices Michigan law.

  I want to sue a city for sewer negligence.  Their main pipe backed out and they refused to fix it which caused problems and my basement was flooded with raw sewage.  They refuse to fix it and we even tried to hire a private plumber and he said he couldn't fix it because it was in the city pipes.  It is a health and safety hazard and has caused significant property damage.  I would like to know what type of lawyer I should seek and the best steps to take.
You need to document every time it's backed up, photos, dates etc. Then you need to contact the city and have proof you contacted them every time there was an issue to fix it.

After about 6mo, with all that proof you can probably sue. Sometimes it says you have to wait 3-5 years

Post a Comment

welcome to legal advice supports